Immersion into the Heart of Yoga:
A 6 month In-Depth Yoga Studies program
Have you ever wanted to experience an embodied Yoga practice that brings you deeper into your heart, inspires and uplifts your mind and enlivens your soul? Have you been curious about the practices of Yoga? Where they come from and what makes them come alive? Do you want a deeper sense of connection and a greater feeling of personal empowerment? Do you want a set of daily mindful practices that will help make life more fulfilling? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this program is for you.
“Immersion Into The Heart of Yoga” immerses students in learning, practicing and experiencing the depth, beauty and richness available in Yoga. It is appropriate and available to all levels of students. All that is really required is a sincere desire to learn, practice, grow and be richly, positively and wonderfully transformed by the practices of Yoga.
“Immersion into the Heart of Yoga” is designed to invigorate your body, empower your heart and inspire your mind. It serves as a stand-alone course of study and practice or the entry into Teacher Training.
By taking this course, you will gain an effective understanding of the biomechanical alignment of yoga postures, as well as an expanded knowledge of yoga history and philosophy, and a deeper connection to your personal practices and to life.
Schedule: Students are welcome to sign up for one, two or all three modules. ** Please note that levels may not be broken up into individual weekends. Completion of the entire program includes 6 weekends broken up into three modules.
Module I Immersion
January 24-26, 2014
February 28-March 2, 2014
** Snow Date: Participants of Module 1, please also hold March 7 - 9, as a snow date. If a weekend needs to be cancelled due to a snow emergency, we will automatically go to the snow date weekend. Once the program is enrolled, no refunds will be given for participants who cannot attend the snow date.
Module 1 is a pre-requisite for Modules 2 & 3.
Module II Immersion
April 4-6, 2014
May 2-4, 2014
Module III Immersion
June 6-8, 2014
July 11 – 13, 2014
Fri 6-9pm, Sat 9am-12:30pm & 2-5pm, Sun 9am-12pm & 2-4pm
Cost for all three Modules: $1600
if paid by December 1, 2013
If paid after December 1, 2013, cost is $1650
Cost for individual Modules: $550 if paid 6 weeks before the start of each Module. If paid with less than 6 weeks before the start, cost is $600/Module.
If you cancel more than three weeks before the course begins, you will be refunded the amount you paid minus a non-refundable $100 processing fee. If you cancel less than 3 weeks before the program begins, refunds (minus a non-refundable $100 processing fee) are only issued if your space can be filled from a waiting list. No refunds once the course begins.
Location of Immersion into the Heart TBD
For more information about this program, please email Deb at: email@example.com
The Style of Yoga and philosophy of the program:
Underlying Deb's teaching is the belief that every human being is born, whole, complete, worthy and perfect, with nothing lacking, nothing damaged and nothing extra. As we journey through life, however, layers of experience accumulate in the body, mind and heart that begin to cover, conceal and crimp our experience of and connection to our own wholeness.
Yoga is one path to the experience of reconnection with our own sacred wholeness. Every practice is a means to uncovering and revealing what has never been absent inside. As we reveal more and more of our own truest essence, we naturally bring more fullness and richness to life. We easily become a resource for others. In this way, an individual's path to wholeness and perfection serves the highest purposes of a human life: to awaken to our own inherent perfection, to engage more and more of our potential and to use every resource available to us to be of service to the earth and humanity.
Each 14.5 hour weekend will include approximately:
- 9 hours of engaged practice of Hatha Yoga which will include basic guidelines for using Yoga as therapeutic exercise
- 4 hours of Lecture which will include topics in Philosophy as well as Anatomy, contemplation and journaling
- 1.5 hours of Meditation and Pranayama practice
Some of the Topics we will cover include:
- Historical Overview and engaged study of the Yoga Tradition with key emphasis on the Vedic, Vedantic, Classical and Tantric traditions
- Exploring the many definitions and practices of Yoga
- Setting up your own home practices of Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, contemplation and journaling
- Introduction to Yoga Ethics, values and principles to live by contemplating these principles deeply and exploring how to bring them to life
- Lots of Hatha Yoga, practice with dual focus on the outer form and alignment, as well as the inner experience of breath, sensation and awareness
- Defining optimal alignment and action for all the major categories of postures on the levels 1-3 syllabi as well as exploring variations and modifications
- Refining alignment principles so as to be able to go deeper in practice
- Anatomy of the structural body, as well as subtle body anatomy of the pranic body
- Exploring the Ayurvedic Gunas and Doshas as a way of understanding our own unique constitution. Each participant will have the opportunity to develop a plan for living in greater balance according to their unique constitution
- Each session will include ample time for question and answers, as well as contemplation, journaling and sharing amongst the participants